"It's so much easier to suggest solutions when you don't know too much about the problem." Malcolm Forbes

Monday, May 19, 2008

Knuckle Crackers Listen....

I didn't start cracking my knuckles until I was in my late teens. I remember my cousins doing it all the time and me thinking to myself how they're going to get arthritis and I'm not. I don't even think I knew what arthritis was at that time, but I knew you could get it from cracking your knuckles. Well not too long after I became a knuckle cracker as well and still am to this day. I still try not to do it as often, but it's a hard habbit to break.

However I read an AOL article on Top Ten Arthritis Myths, and Dr. White (Chief Public Health Office for the Arthritis Foundation) says that,

"There are two main types of arthritis: osteoarthritis (the most common) and rheumatoid arthritis. Conditions like lupus, like gout, and fibromyalgia also fall under the arthritis umbrella. Many things can cause arthritis -- namely genetics, sedentary lifestyles, and joint injury. However, many of the things we think cause arthritis in fact don't..."
So does this mean we can crack away?! I personally don't think so, but it's sure good to know that it won't cause arthritis! Read the article for more arthritis myths.

No comments: